Friday, July 24, 2009

*Day 99 - "Vic's" SUP Board

Forgive me for not having the proper name and specs for this SUP board. All I've ever known it as is Vic's board. It belongs to one of our SUP coaches who stores it here on our dock. I've never taken the time to acquaint myself with exactly what brand it is and since arriving on a plane at 9:30 last night I haven't had time to check into it.

It was 9:30 PM when our plane landed after flying in from the east coast. By the time we got picked up and I made it down to the Aqua Adventure's dock it was nearly 11:00. Even with the help of time zones I was cutting it close to get my hour of paddling in to make it on the 99th consecutive day. I had paddled a Malibu II SOT that we still had a the North Carolina beach house in the morning mostly so I could experience the novelty of paddling both Atlantic and Pacific waters in the same day. But in order to make it count I needed to paddle something else. Whenever I don't want to have to fuss with much gear, and when I want to stay dry, I go with a standup board. So with that in mind I grabbed our friend's standup board and headed out for a quick hour long tour of the bay.

The board was plenty stable and I set a nice easy pace as I visited the Barefoot Bar dock then went across to the Mission Bay Yacht club where I watched the crew there clean up after a wedding reception. From there I stopped to let the Bahia Bell paddle wheeler pass by on it's way back into Santa Barbara cove before I headed back to our dock.

Vic's SUP Board Review

Manufacturer= x
Brand (shaper) = x
Model = x
Type = SUP
Material = x
Length = x
Width = x
Thickness = x
Weight = x lbs.

Location = Mission Bay - Barefoot bar to Yacht Club and back
Time = 10:45 PM
Distance = About 3 miles
Duration = 1:00
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Flat calm and warm

No comments:

Post a Comment