Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 103 - Epic 'V10 Sport' - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

This was the last boat I paddled way back in April before I started the 100 Boats Challenge. On that day it was already the 100th day I'd paddled in the year, today was the 206th. I was tempted to take the V10 out on the ocean to try to catch some swell but instead I opted for my workout run around Fiesta Island inside Mission Bay. It had been a long time since I timed myself around the island so I wanted to see how things would go. Ultimately I didn't even get close to my best time on the seven mile loop. After picking up a gob of sea grass on the boat's rudder and stopping to clear it, I ran into a friend on the back side of the island and stopped again to chat for a couple minutes. Both stops, and so much time away from the surf ski, slowed me quite a bit but it was still a fun run.

This Sport model is similar wider than the other V10's in Epic's line up which allows folks that are new to surf skis (me included) to feel more stable and confidant than they would in a super narrow racing ski. This boat isn't near as fast as it's narrower siblings but it's fast enough for me to enjoy a nice workout on the bay once and a while. As today's experience showed, weed cutter in front of the rudder would be a nice feature.

V10 Sport Review

Manufacturer = Epic
Brand = Epic
Model = V10 Sport
Type = Surf Ski
Material = Fiberglass
Length = 20'-0"
Width = 19"
Weight = 37 lbs.

Location = Mission Bay - Fiesta Island Loop
Time = 6:00 AM
Distance = aprox 7 miles
Duration = 1:20
Avg. Speed = N/A
Conditions = Partly cloudy and pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment